Hoosier Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions, chives and rosemary in butter and oil until tender. Add bacon bits; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, cream, flour, salt and peppers. Stir in the corn, 1 cup cheese and green pepper mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with tomatoes and remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 261 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 13, 2016
Was very good, I made a few changes to mine. Used pimentos instead of tomatoes, needed more salt for our taste.
Jun 29, 2015
Needed a recipe to use up a lot of corn and decided to give this a try. The herbs blended nicely, not too much prep work. I liked it a lot!
Jul 21, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
We did not care for this. Too much cheese & the green pepper taste took over. It was an awful lot of prep work too.
Jan 17, 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.