Hoosier Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions, chives and rosemary in butter and oil until tender. Add bacon bits; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, cream, flour, salt and peppers. Stir in the corn, 1 cup cheese and green pepper mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with tomatoes and remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 261 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 13, 2016
Was very good, I made a few changes to mine. Used pimentos instead of tomatoes, needed more salt for our taste.
Jun 29, 2015
Needed a recipe to use up a lot of corn and decided to give this a try. The herbs blended nicely, not too much prep work. I liked it a lot!
Jul 21, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
We did not care for this. Too much cheese & the green pepper taste took over. It was an awful lot of prep work too.
Jan 17, 2014