Hook, Line ‘n’ Sinker Mix
As the name implies, your guests'll fall hook, line and sinker for this munchable mixture that features pretzels stick "fishing rods" and cheddar cheese goldfish crackers. It takes mere minutes to toss the ingredients together and zap the mix in the microwave.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup goldfish crackers
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup Cheerios
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the crackers, pretzels, Cheerios and peanuts; toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 306 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Hook, Line 'N' Sinker Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 1998