- 1 cup cold evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, vanilla, sugar, chocolate and salt; cover and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forHoneymoon Mousse
"easy, fast, simple ingredients to gather. Put your canned milk in the refrigerator the day before you want to make this. If you beat whipping cream past the soft peak stage you've gone too far but still fold it into your chocolate mixture.I used **three Tbsp. unsweetened baking powder AND one Tbsp. Crisco** (times 4) in place of 4 baking chocolate squaresWill make again."
"This is quite light and not too sweet. Perfect summer dessert."
"It was good except for the unsweetened chocolate. If I made this again I would use sweetened."