Honeydew Shrimp Salad
A creamy pickle relish dressing deliciously complements this shrimp and fruity medley.—Lynda Mohan, Scottsdale, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large honeydew melon, quartered and seeded
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, egg and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Spoon onto honeydew quarters.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 438 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Honeydew Shrimp Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.