Honeydew Fruit Salad
Our Test Kitchen tossed together this refreshing medley that's a colorful addition to Easter dinner or most any meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 large honeydew melon, cut into balls or cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Drain pineapple, reserving juices; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the honeydew, oranges, mint and reserved pineapple. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 117 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Originally published as Honeydew Fruit Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.