Honey White Loaves
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makes3 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 9 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, honey, eggs, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into loaves. Place in three greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 107 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 11, 2014
I made this bread last week. It is delicious and very easy to make. I took one of the pieces of dough and made a cinnamon and sugar loaf. Yummy!! I will make it again. I found this recipe in my TOH Best of Country Breads cookbook.
Nov 1, 2014
This bread is fantastic! Perfect texture for sandwiches and toast, and I love the honey. Making another batch
Feb 24, 2011
Will have to give this a try.......
Feb 24, 2011
My kids love this bread. I like that the recipe is easy to follow and yield 3 great tasting loaves.