- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 to 9 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, honey, eggs, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled; about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Divide into thirds. Shape into loaves. Place in three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews forHoney White Loaves
"This bread is fantastic! Perfect texture for sandwiches and toast, and I love the honey. Making another batch"
"Will have to give this a try......."