Honey Wheat Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Assorted fresh fruit and/or maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, banana and honey; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with fruit and/or syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 253 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 19, 2014
This is my go to recipe when I need some quick and healthy. I have 4 children and they all love these pancakes! They love the banana flavor and the hints of honey and cinnamon. I love that this recipe uses whole wheat flour so it's heartier than a lot of pancake recipes, but it still starts with Bisquick so it comes together easily. If you want to make it even healthier use the Heart Healthy Bisquick mix. Delicious!
Nov 6, 2013
Love these pancakes. Make them often and freeze them for a quick weekday breakfast.
May 2, 2011
Delicious!!! They were a big hit at breakfast over the weekend.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.