"Mix these up in a wink for a tender-textured treat with sweet honey taste," shares Carolyn Deming of Miami, Arizona. "You can sample them close to half an hour after starting."
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg, honey, milk, oil and lemon zest; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Honey Wheat Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p53