Honey & Spice Roasted Almonds
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 cups
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Arrange almonds in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, salt and cayenne; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add roasted almonds and honey; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; cook 1 minute longer or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add reserved sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 317 calories, 21g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2016
Many online recipes for this are similar and I tried one but was not happy with results. I do really like this one. The slight kick of cayenne and salt is just right. If you use the .5 c sugar they are heavily carmalized. I reduced it to .33 cup total and that was fine for me. Also a very slight glaze of oil on the wax paper will make for easier release without having paper stick to bottom of almonds. This recipe is a keeper.