Honey Spice Krinkles
Sugar and spice make these Christmas cookies among the nicest I've ever tried. Deliciously old-fashioned, they've been our family favorites for years. Busy holiday bakers will be pleased to know that the dough is very easy to work with.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and honey. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Dip half of each ball into water and then into sugar. Place with sugar side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Honey Spice Krinkles in Country Woman Christmas 1998