Honey Soy Wings
Forget going out to eat when you can make your own chicken wings; You can make them at home. They have a wonderful flavor even better than any restaurant.—Meredith Sayre, Monaca, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 6 whole chicken wings
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing, optional
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large bowl, combine the picante sauce, honey mustard, oil, soy sauce, ginger, zest and hot pepper sauce if desired. Add wings; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes; turn wings. Bake 18-22 minutes longer, turning every 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing if desired.
Originally published as Honey Soy Wings in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook