Honey Rosemary Chicken Kabobs
"These tender kabobs are full of savory rosemary flavor yet they're low in fat and sodium," says Elisabeth Corcimiglia of Byron, New York. "I found the original recipe in a magazine but adjusted it to better suit the tastes in my household."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, vegetables and pineapple.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over low heat for 9-11 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 206 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Honey Lemon Rosemary Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2005