"These tender kabobs are full of savory rosemary flavor yet they're low in fat and sodium," says Elisabeth Corcimiglia of Byron, New York. "I found the original recipe in a magazine but adjusted it to better suit the tastes in my household."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, vegetables and pineapple.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over low heat for 9-11 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey Rosemary Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p45