- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg, separated
- 7-3/4 to 8-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the honey, oil, salt, eggs, egg yolk and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and form the dough into desired shapes (see below). Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Beat egg white and cold water; brush over the dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forHoney Rolls
"These are delicious! One of my daughters asks at least once a week for me to make these; these are her favorite! I got 30 rolls instead of 36 but I tend to make things larger than most."