Honey Raisin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 10 muffins
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisin bran
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cereal, milk and honey; let stand until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in egg and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 26, 2009
Easy enough to prepare, and got 14 not 10, but very bland and flavorless. I added about 1/3 cup add'l raisins, and eliminated the salt (WAY too much - there's more than enough in the b.powder and the cereal itself). Needs more sweetness. Won't make again.