Honey Pork and Peppers Recipe
Meet the Cook: I'm always trying new recipes on my husband and son, 16. This easy, quick and delicious one is a keeper - a nice change from pork roast or pork chops. -Carol Heim, Nokesville, Virginia
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope (.87 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until browned, about 15 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic powder; add to the pork. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and peppers; cook 5-10 minutes longer. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 288 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Honey Pork and Peppers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC