Honey-Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Place sweet potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks and sweet potatoes. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine honey and reserved juice; pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Jun 4, 2016
Over microwaved the potatoes, so I mashed it up, and used all crushed pineapple. I had to omit the pecans, I don't keep them in the house with the guys allergy, and it definitely would have given that extra OOMPH to the recipe. I used honey from my friend's hive in Maine, so good! Next time I'll cube up the potatoes and cook them in the oven.
Feb 19, 2012
Swwet potatoes did not cook evenly even though I increased the time--a lot of sweet potatoes--may have worked better to parboil them.
Nov 16, 2010
This was just ok, nothing special. One tip if you decide to try this: skip the microwave and boil the sweet potatoes instead. Even stirring frequently they didn't cook evenly in the microwave.
Nov 14, 2010
Excellent - served to guests and they all loved it!
Nov 14, 2010
I used canned sweet potatoes, no crushed pineapple and 20 oz. pineapple chunks. I also used brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It turned out very well and we enjoyed it.
Nov 13, 2010
This recipe is so simple. I prepared it according to the recipe, using locally 'grown' honey, and we LOVE it. It has become a MUST HAVE at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
Dec 10, 2008
Amazing! I had extra crushed pineapple so I used double the crushed and no tidbits. And no pecans...everyone loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.