"Tart and fruity, this wonderfully light and frosty dessert is a delight for the eyes and taste buds," assures field editor Marsha Ransom of South Haven, Michigan. "I love its sunny yellow color and the juicy bits of pineapple."
Recommended: 55 Dairy-Free Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine honey and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil, stirring several times. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely. Stir in yogurt, vanilla and pineapple. Pour into a 9-in. square freezer-proof dish.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until slushy. Transfer to a bowl; beat for 1-2 minutes. Return to pan; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey Pineapple Sherbet in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p17