Honey Pineapple Sherbet
Tart and fruity, this wonderfully light and frosty dessert is a delight for the eyes and taste buds. I love its sunny yellow color and the juicy bits of pineapple. —Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine honey and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil, stirring several times. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely. Stir in yogurt, vanilla and pineapple. Pour into a 9-in. square freezer-proof dish.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until slushy. Transfer to a bowl; beat for 1-2 minutes. Return to pan; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 116 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Honey Pineapple Sherbet in Taste of Home June/July 1999