Honey Pecan Tart
As soon as I stumbled across this recipe several years ago, I knew I had to try it. The lovely tart is scrumptious and makes an impression at the end of a meal.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups pecan halves, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, flour and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- Chop 2-1/4 cups pecans. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, honey, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into crust. Arrange the remaining pecan halves around edge of tart.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 530 calories, 36g fat (12g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Honey-Pecan Tart in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006