Honey Peanut Squares
"I serve this soft, nutty candy every year at our Christmas open house," relates Norene Wright of Manilla, Indiana. "Honey roasted peanuts make this sweet treat even more special."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 4 cups honey-roasted peanuts, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle 2 cups peanuts in the pan.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows, peanut butter chips, butter and peanut butter. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour over peanuts; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts; press down. Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Lift foil out of pan; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Honey Peanut Squares in Taste of Home December/January 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.