Honey-Orange Winter Vegetable Medley
Tossed in sweet-savory sauce, this hearty veggie side makes a lovely addition to a holiday dinner. —Jennifer Coduto, Kent, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups pearl onions, peeled
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place the vegetables in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish or 13x9-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, combine broth, marmalade, honey, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 202 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Honey Orange Winter Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.