Honey-Orange Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 1/4 cup honey, orange peel and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 435 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Orange Rice Pudding
"Delicious flavor combination! I left out the extra honey and pistachios, but it was definitely sweet enough and had so many other flavors going on, they weren't missed at all. Great recipe!"
"Really easy and tasty!I omitted the last steps (vanilla, the rest of honey and pistachio) and went straight to eating it. :)I think I would double the recipe next time, and I am not sure you 'have' to use arborio, I think other type of rice is ok too."
"It's a keeper"
"Way too sweet!"