Honey-Orange Rice Pudding for Two
“Arborio rice is the key to this creamy pudding. The slow cooking allows the rice to become tender and absorb the honey & citrus flavors.” —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 2 tablespoons honey, orange zest and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with pistachios.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 419 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Honey Orange Rice Pudding in Taste of Home April/May 2010
Dec 13, 2011
Nice recipe. I will make it.
Dec 9, 2011
This is great
Dec 9, 2011
My family love this!
Dec 6, 2011
This a nice Recipe
Dec 5, 2011
if you like orange - this one is great!