Honey-Orange Rice Pudding for Two
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 2 tablespoons honey, orange zest and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with pistachios.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 419 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 5, 2020
I was intigued by the recipe. I have to do a bit of exchanges due to some autoimmune problems......I exchanged the 2% for macadamia nut milk, all honey-no granular, and 2 whipped duck eggs toward the end the cooking time. Yum!! I will definitely make the original recipe for family. :)
Dec 13, 2011
Nice recipe. I will make it.
Dec 9, 2011
This is great
Dec 9, 2011
My family love this!
Dec 6, 2011
This a nice Recipe
Dec 5, 2011
if you like orange - this one is great!