- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews forHoney Oatmeal Bread
"I have made this twice, everyone loved this bread. I will be making it again. Has a great flavor."
"Everybody in my home requests this bread...even my neighbor enjoys this special loaf. I have made multiple times since 2007 and it is a winner to us."
"I've made this recipe for several years. Now all of a sudden the dough is very soft/liquidy. Has anyone had that happen to them?"
"Fast, easy and delicious!"
"This sounds so good! I have copied and printed the recipe and will try it this week.I'll let you know how we liked it. Thank you"