Honey-Oat Casserole Bread Recipe
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cereal. Add butter, honey and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add eggs, oat mixture and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 55 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before removing from baking dish to a wire rack to cool. Cut into wedges. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
2 slices: 455 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Oat Casserole Bread
"this is so delicious! easy! Dosnyone know the pizza recipe from that same magazine? again so delicious!"
"very good and simple to make! i was pleased with the results!"
"I'm just wondering if this can be made in loaf pans?"