- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In another bowl, combine the butter, honey and boiling water; stir until butter is melted. Cool to 110°-115°.
- Add the eggs, oats, salt, butter mixture and 2 cups flour to the yeast mixture; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be slightly sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 55 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from baking dish to a wire rack to cool. Cut into wedges. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
Reviews forHoney-Oat Casserole Bread
"this is so delicious! easy! Dosnyone know the pizza recipe from that same magazine? again so delicious!"
"very good and simple to make! i was pleased with the results!"
"I'm just wondering if this can be made in loaf pans?"