Honey-Nut Endive Appetizers
Sweet and savory flavors combine in this elegant appetizer. It's a nice, light option to serve before a big meal. —Carmel Gillogly, Fort Mill, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1/3 cup honey
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spoon into endive leaves. Drizzle honey over cheese mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Honey Nut Endive Appetizer in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009