Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place flour in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into two disks; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place sugar and 1 cup pecans in a food processor; cover and process until pecans are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1/3 cup honey, butter and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place a teaspoonful of filling on the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining honey and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 31, 2013
I made this cookie, as one of several this year, for family and friends. It was the hit of the cookie bunch! Everyone remarked how good they were and were something different from the usual sugar cookie. My brother actually offered my some of his Christmas money to bake him some more!Thank you Glenda for this wonderful recipe!! I look forward to making it every year from now on!
Mar 21, 2013
Nov 28, 2012
A delicious cookie "Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies"! Will create a favorite at each time they are prepared! YUM!
Sep 25, 2012
sounds really good. will make soon.