When apples are ripe for the picking, you're bound to get many requests for this tempting treat. It's a fun, festive way to bring a fall feel to your table. The recipe can be easily doubled. So it's the ideal dish...no matter how many folks you're feeding.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large baking apples, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- Add apples and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat and drizzle with honey. Serve warm.
Aug 7, 2012
Honestly, I don't remember making this, but I found notes in my Taste of Home book which said that it was "Easy to make" and "Made the house smell heavenly". I'll have to try it again soon. Sounds like a wonderful fall dessert.