When apples are ripe for the picking, you're bound to get many requests for this tempting treat. It's a fun, festive way to bring a fall feel to your table. The recipe can be easily doubled. So it's the ideal dish...no matter how many folks you're feeding.
Recommended: Baked Apples
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large baking apples, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- Add apples and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat and drizzle with honey. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Nut Apples in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p9
Reviews forHoney-Nut Apples
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review