"I like to make these special brussels sprouts when I need a fast dressed-up vegetable side dish," writes Karen Haen of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. "The recipe is sized perfectly for a dinner for my husband, Gene, and me. And it's easy to triple when we're expecting guests."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash each onion powder and dill weed
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each. Place in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey, mustard, onion powder and dill. Drizzle over sprouts; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Sprouts in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p16
Reviews forHoney-Mustard Sprouts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2012
"These were so good. I had to make them twice as I ate all of the first one."
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2010
"These are great, my family loves brussel sprouts and these sure are a keeper."