Honey Mustard Potato Gratin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 Hour 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup Honey Thyme Mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes (approximately 1.5-2 lbs), unpeeled, cut into 1/8-in.-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese or Gruyere cheese, grated
- HONEY THYME MUSTARD:
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- In large saucepan, combine half-and-half, Honey Thyme Mustard, cornstarch, salt and pepper; mix until well blended and cornstarch is dissolved. Stir in potatoes and onion; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to coat potatoes.
- Pour mixture into well-greased 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Sprinkle top with grated cheese. Bake at 375°, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
- HONEY THYME MUSTARD: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup Dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons honey and 1/4 tsp. crushed dried thyme until well blended. Transfer mixture to airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2018
Super awesome! I typically don’t make an gratin or scalloped potatoes but I am glad I made this one. Flavor was fantastic, I couldn’t quit eating them. I had used Gruyere for the topping.
Nov 4, 2015
My potatoes au gratin always breaks. This recipe is quick and always turns out perfectly. I recommend this to novice cooks and chefs alike.