- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup Honey Thyme Mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes (approximately 1.5-2 lbs), unpeeled, cut into 1/8-in.-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese or Gruyere cheese, grated
- HONEY THYME MUSTARD:
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- In large saucepan, combine half-and-half, Honey Thyme Mustard, cornstarch, salt and pepper; mix until well blended and cornstarch is dissolved. Stir in potatoes and onion; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to coat potatoes.
- Pour mixture into well-greased 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Sprinkle top with grated cheese. Bake at 375°, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
- HONEY THYME MUSTARD: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup Dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons honey and 1/4 tsp. crushed dried thyme until well blended. Transfer mixture to airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHoney Mustard Potato Gratin
"My potatoes au gratin always breaks. This recipe is quick and always turns out perfectly. I recommend this to novice cooks and chefs alike."