Honey Mustard Loaf
Rave reviews will come your way when you present this golden bread. For a flavorful variation, I sometimes add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and thyme to the dough.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric, optional
- 3 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 egg, honey, mustard, butter, salt, turmeric if desired and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 15-17 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 124 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Honey Mustard Loaf in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.