- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place onions cut side down on grill rack with sides touching. Arrange fillets on onion slices.
- Cover and grill over medium-hot heat or broil for 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with mustard mixture. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Discard onion slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHoney-Mustard Grilled Trout
"Tried this for dinner tonite. Substituted ready made honey-mustard. I'm not a fan of trout but this sure was delicious! J.M."