Honey-Mustard Grilled Trout
This easy-to-prepare dish is a favorite with Charlene Cronin's family. "We like the honey-mustard sauce so much, I make a double batch and keep some in the fridge to use as a dressing," she reports from Kenner, Louisiana.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place onions cut side down on grill rack with sides touching. Arrange fillets on onion slices.
- Cover and grill over medium-hot heat or broil for 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with mustard mixture. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Discard onion slices.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 295 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Grilled Trout in Light & Tasty August/September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.