Honey-Mustard Chicken Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, lemon zest and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Divide spinach between two plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 24, 2015
This was really good, but I wish I could find smoked Swiss...
Aug 25, 2010
The only change I made to the original recipe was to mix some romaine lettuce with the baby spinach to give the salad a little extra crunch. Don't overlook the lemon peel as this really sets off a wonderful citrus note with this tasty blend of flavors. For those who might like even more protein, some chopped egg would be wonderful in this mix. By the way, the recipe makes for two huge servings. The refrigerated leftovers were still great the next day.