Honey-Mustard Chicken Salad
The marinating of the chicken adds so much extra flavor to the recipe. You can choose any lettuce you want to serve this wonderful chicken on.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Combine mustard, 4 tablespoons of oil, water, honey, lemon juice and pepper. Place chicken in a shallow glass dish; add half of the marinade. Reserve the remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate chicken for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in the remaining oil for 5-7 minutes per side or until browned and juices run clear. Arrange the greens, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions on four salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salads. In a saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Spoon over salads; serve immediately.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Chicken Salad in Birds & Blooms April/May 1996