Honey-Mustard Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken, peas, soup, milk, mustard, honey, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 432 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken Pasta
"We loved the taste of the creamy honey mustard sauce with the salty baccon. (I added extra baccon.)Good contrast."
"This is a very good recipe!! I had everything on hand except the mushrooms."
"This recipe has gone in my box...it is delicious! I am definitely making this again."
"I fixed this recipe today and got rave reviews from my husband. It was yummy and had really good flavor. I used shell pasta rather than bowtie, since that's what I had on hand. I used a honey dijon mustard but would probably use plain next time because it made the dish taste a tad too sweet for my liking. I will definitely make this again!"
"such a YUMMY recipe. My 1 year old and 2 year old LOVE IT."