We like grilling because it's a no-fuss way to make a great meal. This tantalizing combination of vegetables and chicken is one we enjoy throughout the summer.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 small zucchini
- 4 small yellow squash
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 4 ounces small fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Cut the chicken, squash and peppers into 1-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables.
- In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Grill kabobs over hot heat for 10 minutes, turning often. Brush with glaze; grill 5 minutes more or until the chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Chicken Kabobs in Country Woman July/August 1995, p37
Reviews forHoney-Mustard Chicken Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2010
"This is the best kabob recipe I have come across, bar none. Guests will thank you for giving them this scrumptious recipe when they leave. Excellent summer meal for dinners on the deck!!!"