Honey-Mustard Chicken Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 small zucchini
- 4 small yellow squash
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 4 ounces small fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Cut the chicken, squash and peppers into 1-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables.
- In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Grill kabobs over hot heat for 10 minutes, turning often. Brush with glaze; grill 5 minutes more or until the chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 434 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 8g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 5, 2010
This is the best kabob recipe I have come across, bar none. Guests will thank you for giving them this scrumptious recipe when they leave. Excellent summer meal for dinners on the deck!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.