Honey-Mustard Apricot Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, apricot preserves, ginger, salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon half of the mustard mixture over chicken.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining mustard mixture. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 235 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 23, 2015
To answer Scotland1 -- honey mustard is a sweet mustard sauce; you can make your own with 1/4 cup honey, 1/4-1/2 cup strong mustard, and approximately 2/3 cup mayonnaise or yogurt (if you will use it quickly).Thanks Janet...I liked this recipe a lot. A similar recipe that my family likes is to use yellow hot dog mustard straight out of the bottle with apricot or peach preserves at a 1:2 ratio...1 part mustard to 2 parts preserves. coat raw chicken (reserve some out for sauce at the table) with mixture and grill or bake until chicken juices run clear. To make it extra yummy, wrap boneless chicken with bacon before coating with sauce.
Jan 14, 2015
Recipe sounds very good. I have never heard of Honey-Mustard before. Just what is Honey Mustard? Someone please let me know. Thank You
Apr 2, 2012
I made this recipe for dinner & my family loved it. It was easy & quick. I'm alwasy looking for chicken breast recipes & this one is a winner!
Mar 24, 2012
This was definately quick and easy. I used chicken tenders instead of breasts so they cooked fast. The taste of mustard overshadowed the apricot a little more than I thought it would, but it was still good and my 6 year old loved it. Will add to my recipe box and make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.