- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, apricot preserves, ginger, salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon half of the mustard mixture over chicken.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining mustard mixture. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHoney-Mustard Apricot Chicken
"To answer Scotland1 -- honey mustard is a sweet mustard sauce; you can make your own with 1/4 cup honey, 1/4-1/2 cup strong mustard, and approximately 2/3 cup mayonnaise or yogurt (if you will use it quickly).Thanks Janet...I liked this recipe a lot. A similar recipe that my family likes is to use yellow hot dog mustard straight out of the bottle with apricot or peach preserves at a 1:2 ratio...1 part mustard to 2 parts preserves. coat raw chicken (reserve some out for sauce at the table) with mixture and grill or bake until chicken juices run clear. To make it extra yummy, wrap boneless chicken with bacon before coating with sauce."
"Recipe sounds very good. I have never heard of Honey-Mustard before. Just what is Honey Mustard? Someone please let me know. Thank You"