- 6 cups cubed cantaloupe (about 1 medium)
- 6 cups cubed honeydew melon (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or mint
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe and honeydew. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. In a small bowl, whisk honey, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over melons just before serving; toss to coat. Stir in basil and, if desired, dried cranberries. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forHoney-Melon Salad with Basil
"My husband and I enjoyed this dressing with some of our homegrown watermelon. It was very refreshing and a nice change of pace from typical melon salads."
"Really refreshing as a summer side or dessert- it was dessert for us as we ended our cookout with family. I used half watermelon and half cantaloupe because the honeydew at the market didn't seem ripe. I used half basil and half mint - winning combination. The dressing was a great light addition. I will serve this again. Oh, I did not add the cranberries because I used them all in the spinach salad."
"Always looking for a new fruit salad recipe and this one is a winner. Light and refreshing!"
"This is a delicious and refreshing recipe! I reduced the recipe to just serve two...the math was a bit tricky, but I managed!!! I used a combo of basil and mint; the herbs give the salad a nice pop of freshness. I also used some "hot" honey that I recently purchased. The taste of the spicy, sweet honey and the cool of the fruit was a tasty match. Will make this again."