Honey Lime Fruit Toss
A tongue-tickling lime dressing complements the fruit in this refreshing and versatile medley. Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas suggests you serve it at breakfast or as a summery side dish. It looks beautiful on a salad buffet as well.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set juice aside. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, bananas and kiwi.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, lime zest and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; gently toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 133 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Originally published as Honey Lime Fruit Toss in Light & Tasty April/May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.