Honey Lime Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add 1/4 cup juice to skillet; reserve remaining juice. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add pineapple; heat through. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with lime peel. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 326 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1217mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 10, 2015
Sauce was good. I also cubed the chicken and used pineapple chunks instead of slices.
Oct 12, 2014
Just had it for dinner and it is going to be made many more times. Loved the sauce!
Apr 3, 2014
Hi Sgronholz, did you serve it with white rice or would try it with any rice? Calorie conscience here.
Jan 11, 2014
I cubed the chicken breasts and used pineapple chunks instead of slices, then served the mixture over rice...yum! My husband thought the lime flavor was a bit on the strong side, so I'll tone it down a little the next time I make it; however, we both enjoyed it.
May 18, 2012
Absolutely wonderful!! I followed the recipe exactly....wouldn't change a thing!