- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add 1/4 cup juice to skillet; reserve remaining juice. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add pineapple; heat through. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with lime peel. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHoney Lime Chicken
"Sauce was good. I also cubed the chicken and used pineapple chunks instead of slices."
"Just had it for dinner and it is going to be made many more times. Loved the sauce!"
"Hi Sgronholz, did you serve it with white rice or would try it with any rice? Calorie conscience here."
"I cubed the chicken breasts and used pineapple chunks instead of slices, then served the mixture over rice...yum! My husband thought the lime flavor was a bit on the strong side, so I'll tone it down a little the next time I make it; however, we both enjoyed it."
"Absolutely wonderful!! I followed the recipe exactly....wouldn't change a thing!"