I love both honey and lemon, so I combined those ingredients into a doubly delightful jelly. Spread it on toast, bagels, English muffins or scones for a tangy breakfast treat.
Featured In: Our Favorite Canning Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups honey
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine honey, lemon juice and peel. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into three hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 3 half-pints.
Originally published as Honey Lemon Jelly in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p64
Reviews forHoney Lemon Jelly
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2015
"I think it's great I think it's a little spendy to make but we'll worth it .can use on chicken tenders as marinate.I like it"